Being announced in January 2013 and released the same month, the Acer Iconia Tab B1-A71 was a popular device among people, many appreciating its simple, yet sophisticated design. Just like its competitors (such as the Nexus 7 or Acer Iconia Tab A110), this tablet comes with a 256 K color TFT capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels.
The Acer Iconia Tab B1-A71 has many interesting features, of which are worth noting the JAVA MIDP emulator, the HTML 5 browser, e-mail, push mail and IM messaging, document viewer and photo viewer/ editor. Despite the fact that it works at an optimal level, after a period of time, it may start freezing or becoming unresponsive. However, you should not panic, as all you have to is hard reset the Acer Iconia Tab B1-A71 to factory state.
The above-mentioned tablet runs on Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean) and A71 uses a dual-core processor speed of 1.2GHz and a PowerVR SGX 531 GPU. Furthermore, this tablet has a non-removable Li-Po 2710 mAh battery (10 Wh) and supports Wi-Fi connectivity. Whenever you notice that it does not work as smoothly as normal, you ought to bring it back to its factory settings. Although you might think that this process requires a visit to a GSM service, you should know that you can do it yourself, right in the confort of your own home and follow a few simple steps.
Soft resetting the Acer B1-A71
You can restore to factory settings your Acer Iconia Tab B1-A71 if you follow a few instructions. It is important to take into consideration the fact that this process will have some consequences, namely all your photos, your music, your contacts and also your accounts will be erased.
The first method to factory reset your device is via the software menu. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Apps menu and click on Settings.
- Tap Backup & Reset.
- Click on Factory Data Reset, and then on Reset Tablet.
- Tap Erase Everything and wait for your data to be erased.
- Go go to the Welcome screen and follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.
If you want to factory reset using key combination on boost, then all you have to do is follow the next steps:
- Power off the tablet.
- Press and hold the Volume up key.
- Hold the Volume up key and press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
- Release the Power key, but continue holding the Volume up button.
- When the screen is on, release the Volume up key.
- Go to the Select Boot Mode screen and click on SD Image Update Mode.
- Navigate through the menu using the Volume up and Volume down keys .
- Click on wipe data/factory reset on the Android system recovery screen.
- Select Yes – delete all user data.
- Erase your data by selecting reboot system now.