Acer Iconia Tab A701 was announced back in January 2012 and it available for sale in July the same year. At that moment it was meant to be one of the most powerful tablet customers could buy. It has a Cortex-A9 Quad-core processor of 1.3 GHz, but, as any smart device of our time, after a while, may starts to work slower than usual and even freeze whenever some applications are opened. If you do not want to change your tablet, but still perform all your daily tasks with the same ease, you are recommended to perform a hard reset to factory settings on the Acer Iconia Tab A701.
When it was released, this tablet was targeting customers who need a powerful device, a tablet which can run any applications available on the market. It has a powerful Quad-core processor of 1.3 GHz, 1 GB memory of RAM and a video chipset ULP GeForce Nvidia Tegra 3, which helps the device run even graphic design applications. Its display is a LCD capacitive touchscreen of 10.1 inch, with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. Even the best devices, such as Acer Iconia Tab A701, need from time to time a soft reset.
How to restore the Iconia A701
After you have decided to perform this process, you must keep in mind that you will lose all your contacts, your pictures, your music, your accounts, and other data you may have. For this reason, it is strongly recommended to perform a backup before you begin.
There are two methods to restore to factory data. The first method is considered to be the easy one, due to the fact that you can perform it when your device is turned on.
- When your device is turned on, go to the Settings Menu.
- Select Backup & Reset.
- Chose Factory Data Reset, and after that, select Reset Tablet.
- Your device will reset, erase every personal data and the tablet will be as new.
The second method can be performed when your device is not responding to any commands, and you cannot access the settings menu. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn off your device.
- Push the Volume Up button and the Power one and keep pressing for a couple of moments.
- Release the Power button when you feel that the tablet vibrates and press Switch Lock to on and off several times, but keep pressing the Volume Up key.
- Continue navigating through the screen menu and select Erase User Data.