Launched at the beginning of 2012, the Acer Iconia Tab A200 is known as one of the most affordable tablets running on Android. Although not extremely attractive from a design point of view, the 10-inch tablet is also one of the very few such devices that come with a very good software – Android 4.0.
Also known as Acer Iconia A200-10G16U, the tablet tends to function at high standards. However, after using it for a long period of time, you may experience a few minor software problems. If you own this device and are currently dealing with errors and freezes, it might be time to hard reset the Acer Iconia Tab A200. This procedure is highly effective in solving most such problems very easily, but it’s important to know that it will also erase the all the data.
As mentioned before, the tablet tends to attract customers with its Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, but also with the micro SD connection. Featuring 1 GB DDR2 RAM, the Acer Iconia Tab has a card slot that enables users to insert an external card that can store up to 32 GB more. Its capacitive touchscreen attached with multitouch and the dual-core 1 GHz processor also make it an interesting choice. The downside of this tablet is, though, the fact that it has no rear camera, the only one to use being the main 2 MP camera that is not suited for professional pictures.
Restoring the Acer Iconia Tab
We previously discussed the master reset process, informing you that it’s an efficient method to get rid of software-related issues. However, you should understand how this is going to affect the Acer Iconia Tab. To put it shortly, once the device is reset to original settings, the memory will also be blank, which means you will lose all the contacts, music, pictures and other files stored on it.
To avoid such damage, we suggest creating a backup using an external device. You can connect the tablet to a PC and copy everything into a folder, or save the files onto the micro SD card or an external memory drive. Alternatively, it’s also a good idea to use the Phone Copy application that guides you with on-screen instructions, for an easier procedure.
Now that your data is safe, we can consider moving further to the hard reset itself. This one can be performed as follows:
- From the Home Screen, slide the Apps Menu open and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Backup and Reset under the Personal section then tap Factory Data Reset.
- Confirm your choice by tapping Reset Tablet and follow any additional steps on the screen.
A much easier method to do the same can be done by following the instructions:
- Turn off the tablet and lock the screen.
- Simultaneously hold the Power and Volume Up keys and wait for the tablet to vibrate.
- Once that happens, release the Power key, while you keep holding the Volume Up button and slide the Lock switch so you can unlock the screen.
- The reboot will soon begin, and any additional details will be shown on the tablet’s display.