The Acer Iconia Smart S300 is a powerful smartphone that was officially announced on 14 February 2011. The design and build of the device fits somewhere between a smartphone and a tablet with a display slightly smaller than the usual required tablet screen size (7 inch).Like any other device and gadget out on the market, there will be a moment when you will encounter several software issues and problems, mainly due to overall usage and the phone’s age. In this case, hard resetting the Acer Iconia Smart is the best thing to do.
By restoring the Acer S300 to factory default settings you will basically refresh the operating system and bring it back to an almost new state, clearing any small faults in the process. Main reason for these errors are device freezes, which usually happen because of system vulnerability on applications that have been recently installed- or dumping to much data information on the device.
Notice that if you are going to perform a master reset on the Acer Iconia Smart, the procedure will delete all data on your smartphone, so, before continuing, we suggest making a backup of all applications, contacts, pictures, videos and any other type of media files. Furthermore you should make sure the battery is charged over 40%.
Before we proceed, let’s get to know this phone a little better.Running on the Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon system–on-chip, which has the 1-GHz single-core Scorpion processor, this phone was originally powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but can now be upgradable to newer versions. On the hardware side, this smartphone comes with a 4.8-inch screen, 512 MB RAM and an 8-megapixel camera.
How to Restore the Iconia Smart S300
- Shut down the phone and wait until it’s completely off.
- Press the Power button again until the device vibrates.
- Release Power button and press and hold immediately Volume + and Volume – for a few seconds.
- After this step you will be asked to confirm by pressing the Camera capture button.
- Wait for the process completion. (a load bar will appear on the display).
- Now your smartphone has been restored to factory defaults.