The topic of today’s article is going to be focused around how to hard reset the Acer beTouch E210 to its factory software. As you may already know, this is one of the older models from this brand, having been launched at the beginning on 2011. Although not as new, the phone is known to perform very well and has rarely ever received bad reviews. However, as it happens in the case of all smartphones, this one may experience a few errors and freezes, too. If that’s the case, we invite you to read further so you can find out the best thing to do in this situation.
Resetting the Acer beTouch smartphone to original settings is recommended when the device is running slow or when the system is dealing with some bugs. Whatever might be the reason, you must bear in mind that this procedure is very useful in terms of solving such problems, but it also comes with its downside. We’re talking about the fact that all the data stored on the memory of the phone is going to be erased. This is why we’re going to show you how to back up the files before getting started.
To familiarize you with this device, we have to say that the Acer beTouch E210 runs on an old version of the Android OS – v2.2 (known as Froyo). The phone features a 1300 mAh battery, a 600 MHz processor and 256 MB RAM, as well as 512 MB ROM. When it comes to music, this smartphone seems to be one of the best choices, as it comes with Stereo FM radio and supports MP3, MP4, WMA, WAV and many other format files. The Acer doesn’t lack a camera that’s placed on the back and is attached with geo-tagging.
Restoring the Acer beTouch
Before jumping into the necessary steps, you mustn’t forget about making a backup. As you may already know, it’s fairly easy to save the data my connecting the phone to your computer using the USB cable. There are other ways of doing it, though – you can save everything onto a cloud, use another external device to save files on or download the Phone Copy application that suits most Android devices.
If you think that was easy, get ready for the most difficult part of the procedure. To perform a cold reset on this phone, you have two main options: using the menu or doing the same via hardware. We recommend giving the first method a chance, before moving on to the second one. All you have to do is follow the steps indicated below:
- From the phone’s Home Screen, touch Start (no. 10)and go to the Settings icon.
- Choose Basic Settings and go to Memory Settings.
- Press Factory Data Reset if necessary and tick all the boxes corresponding to what you accept to erase from the phone.
- Choose Yes to confirm and tap Erase Everything.
- Allow the device to reboot and don’t interrupt it.
If for some reason, the first option didn’t work or the phone is totally frozen, not allowing you to use the screen and keyboard, we recommend the second method. Don’t worry, though, as this one is even easier and can be performed by following the instructions:
- Turn the device off, pull out the battery and re-insert it.
- Hold the Volume Down (key 14) then press and release the Power button (no. 12).
- When the Recovery Screen pops up, press the Volume Down button to scroll down and select Clear Storage.
- Continue by pressing the Power key (no. 12) and wait for the process to be initialized.
- If prompted, confirm by selecting Yes with the Volume Up (key 14) and allow the phone to perform the reset.