HTC One M9 Prime Camera was announced in May 2016 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.0 inches Super LCD3 captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 441 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is an Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53; Mediatek MT6795T Helio X10, while the graphic processor is PowerVR G6200. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is AAndroid OS, v5.0 (Lollipop). As any smartphone, this phone works nice and smooth when you buy it but after a period of time, it starts to crash and freeze when you open some applications. For this reason it is recommended to perform a hard reset to the factory settings of the phone.
You might think that this process is difficult and you have to go to a GSM store and pay a fortune for a hard resetting your phone, but you are able to do it by yourself if you follow a few steps. What is important to mention is the fact that if you decide to perform a hard reset on your HTC One M9 Prime Camera you will lose any personal data on the phone, including your accounts, your passwords, your pictures, your music and your contacts. This is the reason why it is strongly recommended to perform a backup on your phone before you start the hard reset process.
There are 2 methods to perform a hard reset.
First method is considered to be the easy one
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Back up & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Reset device.
- Select Erase everything (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button Hume Button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.