ZTE Geek V975 was announced back in April 2013 and was available for sale from August 2013.Some of the strongest characteristics of the device are its 5.0 inches IPS LCD captive touchscreen, as well as the two amazing cameras it comes with. The 8 MP one is the main camera – it comes with auto focus and LED flash and touch focus, face detection– while the frontal 1.2 MP one is definitely not worth overlooking, either. To make the entertainment experience complete, tough, this phone is also equipped with a Dual-core 2 GHz; Intel Atom Z2580 processor and a PowerVR SGX544MP2 graphic processor. This smartphone runs on Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).
As any tech product, after a period of time, the ZTE Geek V975 will start to work slower than it should. An ingenious process called a master reset will remove the user data stored on the phone and prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one, also known as soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- You will have to select Privacy.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Select Erase everything.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.