Being elegant and modern, Motorola Moto Z was announced back in September 2016 and it was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It was meant to be an affordable smartphone, having also some great features. The device comes with Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and it has a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo. As any such modern device, it performs really smoothly at the beginning, but, as time flows by, it may start to work slower than usual and, oftentimes, to freeze whenever some applications are opened. For this reason, any smartphone owner should consider performing a hard reset to factory settings.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it.
When you consider that your device needs a factory reset, you should know that you can perform this process on your own, without requiring any IT skills. You also don`t have to go to a specialized service and wait long hours for a whole team to bring the smartphano to its original settings. An important thing to take into consideration is the fact that this process will erase any personal data you might have on your device. For this reason, a backup is required before you start. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to restore the device to factory settings
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- You will have to select Privacy.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Select Erase everything.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.