Huawei MediaPad M2 was announced in May 2015 and the device was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features an 8.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1200 x 1920(~ 283 pixel density). You should bear in mind that, as nice and affordable as this device can prove to be, it is important to note that, after a while, it can get stuck in some applications, freeze or work at a slower rate. You ought to note that, when this happens, all you have to do is hard reset your tablet to factory settings and all problems will go away.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. Whenever you notice your device working slower than normal, you ought to try a software refresh. Why? The reason is due to the fact that this process can help you get rid of infections, software errors or simply delete any important data before a resell. Being very similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer, a soft reset deletes everything and brings back the phone to a working state in a few minutes.
There are 2 methods to perform a hard reset.
First method, also known as soft resetting is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, your Huawei MediaPad M2 will be brought back to a working state in an instant. Please do a backup of the important photos, music, videos, audio recordings, contacts, SMS and other things that you might want to have access to after the reset is done. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Personal are, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Device (remember that you will lose any personal data on your tablet)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your Huawei MediaPad M2 will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your device will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
If the menu is not accessible or the phone crashes way too often, you might want to use the second method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your tablet will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your device will reboot with the factory settings