The Chinese manufacturer did a great job with the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite. Released in September 2012, the tablet has a stylish appearance and a great build too. Inevitably, with time your tablet won`t work as on its first day of use so you may notice an unusual behavior. If, for example, your applications are taking too much time to launch and battery drains faster than normal, it means you really have a problem and it’s time to hard reset the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite. You can try different ways to fix these problems and spent time trying to figure out what goes wrong, but one useful method is to restore the device to factory data settings as quickly as possible.
The act of doing the reset is simple, but you have to do a backup first in order not to lose your data during the process. Your SD card won`t suffer any data loss, so you can easily backup your data on it.
The Huawei MediaPad 7 is an affordable 7-inch Android tablet that has an aluminum unibody, an IPS display, 3 G and Google’s Play Store. The tablet is not as light as its name implies weighting 0.82 pounds, and is far from thin at 0.43 inches (11 mm). The MediaPad 7 Lite sports a 7-inch 1024 x 600-pixel, capacitive IPS display that guarantees good viewing angles. The single-core 1.2 GHz processor is backed by 1 GB RAM which was supposed to make it a fast tablet but unfortunately, it`s actually quite slow.
Hard resetting the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite
No matter which method you choose, make sure that you backed up all your information from your tablet so you won`t lose anything important by the end of the process. Next, try this:
- First, access the main home screen, then press the menu button.
- From the menu that appears choose the Privacy option.
- Next, press Factory data reset.
- Only after you read the disclaimer you can tap Restart.
- Last, you should press Erase everything.
Now, your Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite will reset and the slate will be as new. If the first method doesn’t work, or if your MediaPad is frozen, there is another procedure to restore the tablet:
- After you turned off the power, pull out the battery and reinsert it after a few seconds.
- Next, hold the Volume Down button and at the same time press and release the Power button.
- After a minute the menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock must appear.
- Scroll down using the Volume Down button to choose Clear Storage.
- Next, press and release the Power button and wait for the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite to restart.
- You will see these two options: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO. If you choose YES, all data will be deleted from your Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite including third-party applications.
The Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite will reboot and will be as new. Now you can restore your backed up data to your phone.