Looking simple, yet elegant, the Acer Liquid S2 was announced in August 2013 and the phone was available for sale from that moment on. It features a 6.0 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 368 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400; Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 while the graphic processor is Adreno 330. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean).
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. An ingenious process called a master reset is one sure way to remove all possible viruses and refresh the operating system in order to regain functionality of the phone. One thing you should bear in mind is the fact that all data will be lost, which is why a backup is crucial in case you have various files you’d like to keep. Everything from music and photos to videos, messages and apps can be easily saved this way.
The hard reset procedure will restore all settings to original and remove the user data stored on the phone. This will prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone, and all such viruses will be removed. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone – just like the ones you buy in the shop – so you will need to start reinstalling all apps and transferring files on it in order to use it as before. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.