Acer Liquid E3 Plus was announced in June 2014 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 4.7 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 312 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6589 while the graphic processor is PowerVR SGX544. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). Being one of the most powerful and affordable smartphones from Acer, this device rarely ever has software problems. However, when it happens, they tend to be quite annoying and unless you do a reset as quickly as possible, you will most probably not be able to use most apps and games anytime soon.
If you’ve experienced a slow working phone with many viruses, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore in order to bring the phone to its initial settings and OS. This will also remove all user data including contacts and messages.
The procedures to master reset your phone that are covered in this article will erase all third-party applications, photos, music, videos, contacts, messages and other types of data. Given this aspect, it is important to have your backup made before getting started, either using a Cloud or another device you own. The first and easiest method to restore your phone to factory settings and software requires you to do this:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.