Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 is a tablet that was announced back in April 2013 and it was available for sale the next month, in May 2013. At that time, it was meant to be a powerful, yet affordable device. It targeted customers who wanted to have an elegant and modern tablet which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a hard reset to factory software on your Acer Iconia Tab A1-810.
This device has a Quad-core processor of 1.2 GHz which helps the tablet work smoothly when you surf the Web and when you open multiple applications at the same time. It has an internal memory of 16 GB, but it also features a Micro SD memory card slot of up to 32 GB and 1 GB of RAM memory. It has an Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean) operation system, upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat).
Soft resetting the Acer Iconia Tab A1-810
Whenever you notice your device working slower than normal, you ought to try a soft reset, as this process does not require a visit to a GSM service, but close attention to just a few steps. It is important to take into consideration the fact that this process will erase every personal data on your device, including your pictures, your contacts, you accounts, and so on. This is why it is strongly recommended to perform a backup before you commence.
There are two methods of performing this process. The first is considered the easiest one:
- Go to the Settings Menu and choose Backup and Reset.
- Select the Factory Data Reset option.
- Tap Reset Tablet and select Erase everything.
The second method can be performed when your device is turned off, or it doesn’t respond to any commands.
- Turn off the device.
- Press the Volume Up key and the Power button for about 3 seconds.
- Release the Power button, but keep pressing the Volume Up key.
- When the LSD screen turns on release all buttons.
- Using the Volume keys, navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select this option using the Power button.
- Select Yes- erase all user data.